Monday, May 14, 2012

I'm Back

Well I arrived back home a week ago but then got hit by a flu and laid very low so that I could recover in time for Knit Camp - and I just made it. Knit Camp was soooo lovely - held at Waikouaiti it is a quick drive. Lorna does a massive job of organising both the class and the food.
Here we are beavering away on our lace knitting.

Everyone's was different due to pattern and yarn selection - some were a lot finer!
We were actually making a doily-style edging but mine seemed to bend the wrong way so I stopped after a few repeats because I had decided to make it into a wristlet. Now I just need some lovely pearl buttons.
I managed to finish the wildflower shawl while away - but I didn't do any public knitting!
I think of it more as a kerchief/scarf. It is lovely and soft and warm and I am now working on a second one.
My rainbow Kauni cardigan now has two sleeves and next to to do the neck and front bands.
I have also started on my Secret Swap project - which means you won't be seeing it until July - when it is officially swapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment